We are very excited to announce long-awaited updates... LMS and SIS Integrations! This includes rostering classes, sharing assignment data, and sharing assessment data with your school's LMS. See below for a list of the Learning Management Systems that Parlay now integrates with:
With the exception of Google Classroom (which is free and accessible for all users), integrations are available for schools and districts that have a site license for Parlay. In addition, school administrators must enable integrations through their admin portal before teachers can use them to roster students and share assignment/assessment data.
If you are an administrator and would like to learn how to enable integrations click here or click the chat bubble below and one of our team members can help you!
If you are a teacher, planning on using integrations with Microsoft Teams, Schoology or Canvas, and your administrator has enabled the integration, then follow the steps below. If you are using Google Classroom, then you can follow the steps below without administrator enablement.
Setting Up Integrations
1. Connect Your Parlay Account
Click on your name, then your profile, and then the "Integrations" tab.
2. Select which account you'd like to connect (Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, or Teams)
3. Follow the steps to enable the integration between Parlay and your chosen LMS.
2. Connect Your Course
- Create a Course or go into the one you would like to connect. Once inside of the course, click the Course Settings icon
- Click Integrations
- Select which integrations you'd like to connect to this course (Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, or Teams).
- Select which students you would like to invite to this course on Parlay
- Follow the steps to enable the integration between this course and the LMS. You will have to select an existing course from inside of the LMS and then the students
3. Connect Your RoundTable
- Now you can create your new RoundTable. Once inside of the RoundTable, press the "Invite Students" button.
- Click LMS Integration.
- Select the LMS where you'd like to create an assignment. Note - you can only connect a RoundTable to ONE external LMS at a time.
- Follow the steps to create the assignment inside of the LMS. This will include providing the key information (title, description, due date, and points), and selecting which students from the class you'd like to invite.
4. For Students
- When students join a RoundTable that is connected to an LMS for the first time, they will also have to connect their Parlay account to the LMS. They only have to do this once.
- After joining the discussion (by clicking the link), Parlay will ask them to connect their account to the LMS (following the steps outline in the video below). Parlay will then redirect them back to the RoundTable.
5. Student Submissions
Written RoundTable - once a student submits their response to the Written RoundTable, Parlay will mark the student's work as "submitted" inside of your chosen LMS. It will also provide a link directly to that student's submission inside of Parlay.
Verbal RoundTable - once the student joins the Verbal RoundTable (even if they do not tap in), Parlay will mark the student's work as "submitted" inside of your chosen LMS.
6. Sharing Assessment Data
First, make sure you have set your assessment criteria for the RoundTable. Learn more.
After you have assessed and given feedback to your students in Parlay, click on the three dots in the RoundTable and then "Sync Assessment"
3. Choose a weighting for each Parlay criteria, and whether or not you would like to also sync written feedback (not available for Google Classroom).
4. Sync the assessment and feedback to your LMS!